Re: 8.2 features status

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2 features status
Date: 2006-08-09 16:34:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >> 1. Better descriptions about the todo/feature? E.g; feature specification
> >
> > I am not sure there is enough churn of TODO items to make larger
> > descriptions worth it. As it is, I have to link to new URLs as the TODO
> > item is clarified.
>
> Are you kidding? Did you see the discussion just on the todo item that I
> tried to do?

Right, but the problem was a poor TODO item that needed improvement. I
don't think I even remembered the reason for the item, but over time the
requirement for the item had changed, I think, or it wasn't clear at the
time it was proposed.

> >> 2. The ability to categorize todo items
> >
> > Categorize how?
> >
> >> 3. Heck *your portion* of the TODO would be easily satisfied by having a
> >> single line with a link that points to the specific wiki page.
> >
> > But who is going to do that if no one has done anything in the past for
> > the TODO list. I keep asking that.
>
> I believe that Andrew and I as well as a few others would be willing to
> do it. Of course I am speaking for Andrew here and I hope he agrees. I
> also know that Devrim would be more then happy to help out.

OK, so what do you want to do?

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us