Re: ecpg test suite

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Rocco Altier <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, joe(at)mcknight(dot)de
Subject: Re: ecpg test suite
Date: 2006-08-04 09:08:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 02:56:15PM -0400, Rocco Altier wrote:
> BTW, I do have --enable-integer-datetimes configured for this machine,
> which might explain the timestamp differences.

Yes, that might be the reason. What effect does it have if you run the
backend regression suite?

The remaining problems are:

- out of memory in complex/test4: This needs some debugging on an AIX
machine. Is it possible for me to get access to your machine? Or else
could you build with debugging enabled on C level and trace down the
function where the out of memory occurs?

- different value in sql/desc: This is strange as the stderr output
seems to be the same. This could be a memory problem too.

- sql/dyntest2 with a different output: Strange again as the log output
seems to be identical.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org