About Div

From: Otniel Michael <otmic_ie(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: About Div
Date: 2006-07-25 07:57:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear All,

I have a problem with this case :

I have 10 candy for 7 child (A, B, C, D, E, F, G).

Table X :
code value
------- --------
A 0
B 0
C 0
D 0
E 0
F 0
G 0

And I want divide it with this algorithm :
A = 10 / 7 = 1
B = (10-1) / (7-1) = 9 / 6 = 1
C = (10-2) / (7-2) = 8 / 5 = 1
D = (10-3) / (7-3) = 7 / 4 = 1
E = (10-4) / (7-4) = 6 / 3 = 2
F = (10-6) / (7-5) = 4 / 2 = 2
G = (10-8) / (7-6) = 2 / 2 = 2

In my first solution i use loop - for each record in my function.
But it is too slow in a lot of data.
Did postgresql have a function for my case?

Thanks All.

--
"He who is quick to become angry will commit folly, and a crafty man is hated"