How to specify alternative locations for postgresql.{key,crt} files?

From: Richard Chen <richard(at)doubleprime(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Richard Chen <richard(at)doubleprime(dot)com>
Subject: How to specify alternative locations for postgresql.{key,crt} files?
Date: 2006-07-24 15:47:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

The documentation says the locations for these
files should be in ~/.postgresql. But we would like
to use DBD::Pg and/or psql from within apache which
runs as user nobody. We don't have a special home dir
for account nobody. Is there a way to specify alternative
locations for these files other than ~/.postgresql/?

In most unix apps one can specify either via
command line option or environment variable the locations
for such files. Hard coding this to

~/.postgresql/postgresql.key
~/.postgresql/postgresql.crt

seems to be very restrictive to me.

Also, what if I have several different ssl enforced
postgres servers? Can I lump all the key/crt files in
the above files? Can I have separate files for different
servers?

Thanks

Richard