Re: anoncvs still slow

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: anoncvs still slow
Date: 2006-05-30 23:02:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 04:21:46PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2006, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> >>And how exactly would you like me to fix *that*? The reason those were in
> >>the queue is because svr4 is a legit MX record for the mailing lists ...
> >>the messages are being delivered into svr4's mail queue, and
> >>mail.postgresql.org subsequently refusing htem because they are for
> >>invalid addresses ...
> >>
> >>If I remove svr4 as an MX record, its just going to move to a different
> >>machine ...
> >>
> >>So, how exactly would you like me to "fix" that problem?
> >
> >Postfix allows you to specify a list of valid email addresses. It should
> >be a simple matter of specifying what all the valid mailing list email
> >addresses are.
>
> The list of email addresses changes over time ... so whomever creates a
> new mailbox would need to remember to add it on the MX servers as well ...

Depending on what the exact setup is, a friend has a script that should
help: http://slacker.com/~nugget/projects/postfixrelaymaps/

In a nutshell, it pulls from things like /etc/passwd on the master MX
and then pushes that info out to the slaves. It's written in perl, so it
should be easy to modify to pull from whatever source is necessary.