Re: Best practice to grant all privileges on all bjects in database?

From: Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, Joe Kramer <cckramer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Best practice to grant all privileges on all bjects in database?
Date: 2006-05-25 23:51:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Em Quinta 25 Maio 2006 19:33, Jim Nasby escreveu:

> Only helps if the OP is willing to run on HEAD; grant on sequence is
> not in 8.1 (at least not according to the docs).
>
> As for triggers, I don't really see how that would make any sense.

A trigger could start some modification in a table where the user has no
direct access to, e.g. a logging table. By granting access to the trigger
and making the trigger able to access that table, then the operation could be
completed and data could ba safe from users. I dunno, though, if the
permissions set to the function would allow that...

--
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>