Re: [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach.

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Dean <mdean(at)sourceview(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach.
Date: 2006-05-22 17:20:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 02:45:45PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> > 6. Offer to assist nerwly popular university based applications
> > around the world, such that they authomatically choose postgresql to
> > base their software on. A good example, the educators who wrote
> > LAMS, adopted a sensible database approach, but then went solely
> > with mysql.
>
> With what resources?

I have a theory that there's a lot of people who would love to help the
community, but since they're not good enough to work on the backend they
doubt there's anything else they can do. This is something that they
could do, we'd just need to provide a place for these people to get in
touch with each other and promote it.