Re: pgsql: Add simplified sparc8 ASM for solaris_sparc.s,

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add simplified sparc8 ASM for solaris_sparc.s,
Date: 2006-05-18 21:20:25
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> > Add simplified sparc8 ASM for solaris_sparc.s, from Alan Stange.
>
> Has this actually been tested at all?
>
> The reason I don't think it works is that ldstub and cas are not
> interchangeable; they don't even work on the same data width.
> Surely there need to be some #ifdefs in s_lock.h as well.

What I did was to assign to %o1 like is done with ldstub, so I assume
that will work. You are right that we had trouble with 'cas' until we
changed the typedef for slock_t from unsigned char to int, so I added
this patch to use 'unsigned char' for sparcv8.

As far as testing, I think we are going to have to wait for someone who
cares about sparcv8 because none of our current Sparc guys are testing
on that.

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us