Getting information about sequences

From: "Forums (at) Existanze" <forums(at)existanze(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Getting information about sequences
Date: 2006-05-15 12:55:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I would like to ask if anyone can explain or point me to some sort of query
that would get the sequences for a database along with the current value
they contain.

I have been able to get the sequence names, but I can get their values all
in one query. From the documentation I can't use currval() because it needs
setval() to precede it in the same session.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Fotis