Re: Backup Schema w/ SQL Text File

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backup Schema w/ SQL Text File
Date: 2006-05-08 04:05:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

On May 7, 2006 06:59 pm, operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
> what is the synatx to restore, using sql text, a
> schema within a db?
>
> i suspect it is something along the lines of:
>
> psql rails[insert correct symbol
> here]depot_development < create.sql
>
> i didn't see this addressed in the manual (at least
> the main page).

I don't think you can, unless you only dumped that schema. Consult the
pg_dump and pg_restore manual pages for the more advanced backup formats
which allow you to selectively backup and restore select sets of tables,
including just those in particular schemas.

--
"Thank God we don't get all the government we pay for." -- Will Rogers