Re: Super-smack?

From: "Steinar H(dot) Gunderson" <sgunderson(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: Scott Sipe <cscotts(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Super-smack?
Date: 2006-05-01 11:54:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 03:05:54AM -0500, Scott Sipe wrote:
> So, my question is, before I do any further digging, is super-smack
> flawed?

It's sort of hard to say without looking at the source -- it certainly isn't
a benchmark I've heard of before, and it's also sort of hard to believe a
benchmark whose focus seems to be so thoroughly on one database (MySQL). The
site claims (about PostgreSQL) support that "it looks like it works";
certainly not a good start for fair benchmarking :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/