Re: IDLE IN TRANSACTION

From: "Andy Shellam" <andy(dot)shellam(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Rodrigo Sakai'" <rodrigo(dot)sakai(at)zanthus(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: IDLE IN TRANSACTION
Date: 2006-04-19 12:05:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

No problem really, all it means is the application has issued a start of
transaction command, it just isn't doing anything at the moment.

Transactions allow any data added during the application's running to be
rolled back should, for example, the application crash - it'll prevent
half-written data remaining stale in your database.

My guess is when you Exit the application correctly, it'll issue a COMMIT
statement to store the transactional data to your database.

_____