Re: Slow query - possible bug?

From: Gavin Hamill <gdh(at)laterooms(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow query - possible bug?
Date: 2006-04-18 19:08:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:31:48 -0400

> There should be a fix for this by the time PG 8.2 comes out, but in
> the meantime you might find that it helps to write the range check in
> a way that doesn't have identical bounds, eg
> date >= '2006-06-10'::date AND date < '2006-06-11'::date

OK coolies - we've already had a code release for this (and other
stuff) planned for tomorrow morning checking on the client side
if a single date has been chosen, then do an equality test on that...
otherwise leave the between in place - seems to work like a charm, and
hopefully it'll mean we don't have a loadavg of 15 on our main pg
server tomorrow (!) :))

Basically, as long as I know it's a pg issue rather than something daft
I've done (or not done) then I'm happy enough.

Cheers,
Gavin.