Search by distance

From: Oscar Picasso <oscgoogle(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Search by distance
Date: 2006-04-10 19:21:12
Lists: pgsql-general

HI,

I would like to implement a search by distance to my application.

Something like (pseudo sql):

select * from users
where users.location is less than 15 miles from chicago.

Any documentation on how to implements that?

I guess I also need a database of the cities coordinates. Where could I find one?

Thanks

Oscar

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.