Problems while installing pgsql

From: "Ravi Kumar" <rrraviii(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems while installing pgsql
Date: 2006-04-03 06:52:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I would like to install PostgreSQL on my system which is working with Windows XP operating system.

I downloaded file - postgresql-8.1.3-1.zip from the web-site – extracted all files and started installation. At the end it is stopping and undoes the installation procedure by giving the error message –
Not able to create postgres user. Password for is too short or not complex enough. I tried the password of 15characters with small and capital alphabets, numbers and special characters.

After that I downloaded file - postgresql-8.0.6-binaries-no-installer.zip from the web-site – extracted and executed file psql.exe. It is saying error message – libpq.dll not found and re-install the application.

Kindly help me to solve the installation problems earliest.

Thanks -

Ravi Kumar B V