Re: Custom type

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Custom type
Date: 2006-03-22 20:41:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 03:25 pm, Daniel Caune saith:
> Hi,
>
> How can I enter description for my custom types?
>
> \dT provides information such as schema, name, and description for all
> the registered types and custom types. I would like to provide a
> description for each custom type I create.
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> Daniel CAUNE
> Ubisoft Online Technology
> (514) 4090 2040 ext. 5418

Daniel,

From the \h command in psql:

rnd=# \h comment
Command: COMMENT
Syntax:
COMMENT ON
{
TABLE object_name |
COLUMN table_name.column_name |
AGGREGATE agg_name (agg_type) |
CONSTRAINT constraint_name ON table_name |
DATABASE object_name |
DOMAIN object_name |
FUNCTION func_name (arg1_type, arg2_type, ...) |
INDEX object_name |
OPERATOR op (leftoperand_type, rightoperand_type) |
RULE rule_name ON table_name |
SCHEMA object_name |
SEQUENCE object_name |
TRIGGER trigger_name ON table_name |