human validation on post comments

From: Travis Hein <travis(dot)hein(at)travnet(dot)org>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: human validation on post comments
Date: 2006-03-18 15:57:20
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

my name is Travis, I am new to pgsql-www.

I have been integrating a component that will ask the user to enter the word
in a dynamic image before their comments can be submitted.

I had resumed this work in progress from Gevik.

The current setup is the development site in my sandbox
http://travis.pgadmin.org

I was looking for feedback, and guidance for the following things:

- is the input validator being invoked on all the spots where it should be?
currently the comments feedback for the documentation, i know about.
validation is invoked from /system/page/form.php
- currently the invalid human feedback page is a simple validation failed
message, outside of portal look and feel.

and technical details (if they follow our best practices)

- there is a single table session_capture for managing remote ip, session, and
the word used in the generated image.
- the validation script that manipulates dynamic image and session table are
in a top level folder /validation
- gettext macro used for the messages displayed
- modify system/page.php
to add validate case to action handler list
- modify system/page/form.php
to send to our /validate handler, instead of /system/handleform.php
- modify the .htaccess
to pass /validationimage through to the /validation/validation_image.php

Then if things are looking ok, what and how is the process for integrating the
enhancements back to the site.

looking forward to constructive comments,
Travis