Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions
Date: 2006-03-03 13:42:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Browne wrote:

> Here should be the authoritative information:
>
> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.html
> Countries/Territories Requiring Visas
>
> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.html
> Letter of Invitation for Countries Whose Citizens Require a
> Temporary Resident Visa to Enter Canada

Wow, this is a great deal of burden that for sure I didn't have to do
last time :-( Not sure why, maybe the laws changed or something. It is
crystal clear that I have to do it this time however.

Thanks for the pointers. I'm looking forward to finding somebody who
wants to "sponsor" me on this issue ... or maybe get me a passport from
the Holy See.

> The other "pointy bit" is that the letter of invitation needs to
> indicate the inviter's relationship to the person being invited. I
> expect that would need to be a tad more specific than merely "he's
> some guy from Sweden that I heard about on the Internet"...

Rats :-(