Re: Change date format through an environmental variable?

From: george young <gry(at)ll(dot)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Change date format through an environmental variable?
Date: 2006-03-02 15:33:10
Lists: pgsql-sql

Try the PGDATESTYLE environment variable.
Works in 7.4 and 8.1, though it is claimed to be deprecated.

-- George Young

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:32:26 -0500
Mark Fenbers <Mark(dot)Fenbers(at)noaa(dot)gov> threw this fish to the penguins:

> I want to get Pg (v7.4.7) to output a date field in a different format
> than yyyy-mm-dd through the use of an environmental variable (because I
> have no access the SQL). Is this possible? I know about the DATESTYLE
> variable, but that seems to work only within a query transaction, and
> has no effect if trying to set it as an envvar.
>
> Mark

"Are the gods not just?" "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)