Re: find a record in range of a number

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: larry postgres <forpostgresql(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: find a record in range of a number
Date: 2006-02-21 23:34:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 02:58:26PM -0800, larry postgres wrote:
> Since I have passed the number 301 to the select statment. It
> should return to me the record number that has the values for the
> low_number at 280 and high_number 310.
>
> I have tried to use RANGE and BETWEEN but they also return records
> out of range.

Could you post an example table (CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements)
and some of the queries you've tried? Somebody will undoubtedly
give an answer, but it's a good idea to learn why things that don't
work don't work. If we could see what you're doing then we could
provide that explanation.

How did you use RANGE? I see nothing about it in the documentation
except in the "SQL Key Words" appendix.

--
Michael Fuhr