Re: SQL Function Performance

From: andrew(at)pillette(dot)com
To: "Adnan DURSUN" <a_dursun(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL Function Performance
Date: 2006-02-13 01:05:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

If you have only recently analyzed the tables in the query, close your psql session (if that's what you were using) and then restart it. I've gotten burned by asking a query using the function, which I believe is when PG creates the plan for the function, and then making significant changes to the tables behind it (new index, bulk insert, etc.). By starting a new session, the function will be re-planned according to up to date statistics or using newly created indices.