Should I use PL/PGSQL or Perl/PGSQL?

From: Tyler MacDonald <tyler(at)yi(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Should I use PL/PGSQL or Perl/PGSQL?
Date: 2006-02-04 03:32:25
Lists: pgsql-general

I've been wondering, does anybody know which is more likely to be
installed on a postgresql server? Which is faster? I'm writting an
application in perl that is going to need to get broad information about
heiarchial data (how many parents, settings common on parents, etc), and I'd
like to put that data presentation logic into the database.

Thanks,
Tyler