running pg_dump via pgAgent

From: "Che" <menge00(at)myway(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: running pg_dump via pgAgent
Date: 2006-01-28 17:51:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,I am trying to use pgAgent to automatically backup my database once a day. Wouldn't this be the most common use of pgAgent? I have successfully installed pgAgent, and it runs jobs ok. However, I'm running into problems when I set up a job to run a "batch" step with the following definition: pg_dump -f c:\temp\dump.dat -U postgres test It starts the job, and the statistics for the step shows it is running (I can also see in my task manager that pg_dump is running) ... but it never stops! If i kill the process, the statistics for the step shows "success", but no backup file has been created. When I run the same command at a dos prompt it works fine. I'm at the point now where I figure I'll just set up a windows task that calls the script once a day, but i'd rather use pgAgent to do my backups. Can anyone help?system details:windows xppervasive postgres 8.0.3pgadmin 1.4.1 installed pgAgent via:C:\Program Files\pgAdmin III\1.4&gt;pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent -1 2 -u
postgres -p MyPass123 hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=postgres user=postgres password=postgresABC Thanks!Che

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.