TODO: Allow INET + INT4 to increment the host part of the address

From: kevin brintnall <kbrint(at)rufus(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TODO: Allow INET + INT4 to increment the host part of the address
Date: 2006-01-09 03:10:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi..

I want to work on the following TODO item:

Allow INET + INT4 to increment the host part of the address, or
throw an error on overflow.

I plan to add a '+' operator to the system catalog. Is there a way to
reserve/request an OID for this purpose? I was thinking about using 1265,
but I don't want to conflict with any existing work. Is there a process
for getting an OID (or is this it? :)

--
kevin brintnall =~ <kbrint(at)rufus(dot)net>