BUG #2142: autovacuum process (PID 1641) was terminated by signal 11

From: "Brian Hirt" <bhirt(at)mobygames(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2142: autovacuum process (PID 1641) was terminated by signal 11
Date: 2006-01-04 05:52:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2142
Logged by: Brian Hirt
Email address: bhirt(at)mobygames(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.1
Operating system: redhat 7.3
11
Details:

When I'm doing a database load of a 5gb database, autovacuum always
segfaults shortly after the load finishes

LOG: autovacuum process (PID 1641) was terminated by signal 11
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

I'll try to get around to recompiling with debug and running from gdb to get
a back trace.

This problem sounds similiar to these reports:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-09/msg00200.php

and

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-11/msg00276.php