BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without any argument

From: "Jacques Gollion" <jgollion(at)sambatechnologies(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2139: Problem when calling functions without any argument
Date: 2006-01-03 11:27:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-jdbc

Bug reference: 2139
Logged by: Jacques Gollion
Email address: jgollion(at)sambatechnologies(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.1
Operating system: Windows 2000
Details:

have have written some functions without any argument. When my powerbuilder
V9 application calls these functions, the behaviour is different :

*Using ODBC driver, it works well
*Using JDBC driver (I tried several versions), I get the error message
"ERROR : Syntax error at or near $1. If I add a unused argument to the
function; it works.
If I call in JDBC the same function for Oracle or Sybase, it works.
If I call other PostGreSQL functions with arguments, it works.

Where am I wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help.