Links to externally maintained binary packages

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Links to externally maintained binary packages
Date: 2005-12-19 18:38:49
Lists: pgsql-www

Greetings, people of the web.

The issue of binary packaging came up again on a different list, so I
did a quick usuability test of the web site about that. Even though
there is a prominent "binary" link on the front page (nice), this only
links to Red Hat and Windows packages, which certainly could give the
impression of a very narrow world view on our part to the users.

Moreover, I couldn't find, at least within a few clicks of the various
download links, any information about obtaining binaries for other
operating systems.

I would like to compile a list of links to such sites and insert links
to that list on http://www.postgresql.org/download/ and
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v*/. Would that be OK?

--
Peter Eisentraut