Re: announcing the postgres 10th anniversary

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: announcing the postgres 10th anniversary
Date: 2005-12-08 18:25:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh,

I'm talking about drawing attention to the event. I don't think it's very important to make an announcement "after" we make the committment as much as it is to get the community behind it "while" it's getting off the ground.

This is about marketing. The point of making an announcement is to tell people that the 10th annivesary is coming and to get some excitement generated.

How about putting on a 10th anniversary icon on the homesite with a link that tells a story?

So, everybody raise your hands if you think people will clear their calendar and go to Toronto if you don't tell them first.