Re: Foreign key trigger timing bug?

From: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Foreign key trigger timing bug?
Date: 2005-12-07 20:57:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 09:33, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I had an open 8.1 item that was:
>
> o fix foreign trigger timing issue

Stephan Szabo had this to say to me when I was asking him about his progress
on this issue a while back.

There are some fundamental issues right now between before
triggers and foreign keys based on how we act upon rows for the same
statement that have been modified in the before trigger (which is to say
that the outer statement does not act upon them).

> Would someone supply text for a TODO entry on this, as I don't think we
> fixed it in 8.1.

No it's not yet resolved.

--
Darcy Buskermolen