Re: List of prominent users

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: List of prominent users
Date: 2005-12-04 15:30:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Sunday 04 December 2005 05:51, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Some of the most prominent users we have, probably would not allow
> > themselves to be listed.
>
> I don't see that as a problem.  The word on many of them is already out,
> so compiling a list of them is a journalistic activity which no one can
> object to.

Certainly if it has been printed in an article that they use postgresql it
would be hard to justify not putting them on the site. Which reminds me of
one reason I was thinking to make this database driven, so that we could
store the source of the information some place, without having to publish it
on the site, where people may not care. (For example, the source might be
that someone here worked for a company or something). I guess that kind of
information is important isn't it?

--
Robert Treat