How: single db, multiple users

From: P G <pgress5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How: single db, multiple users
Date: 2005-12-02 17:06:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I am new to PostgreSQL and come from an DB2
background. I currently have v8.0.3 up and running.
So far, it looks great!

One area I am confused about is how to set up
databases and users. I can currently create
databases, but I am having difficulty in assigning
mutiple users to those databases. For example, I have
set up one database for a large project. There are
several users that need to have access to that
database: create tables, insert, delete, select,
update, etc. The documentation talks about a single
user-database associations but is not clear on how to
have multiple users on a single database.

Are there any best practices that I could follow in
settings these up for various projects and databases?
Or if this is a simple thing to do, any pointers on
how to do it?

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com