Re: Application crash after error

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Andrus <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Application crash after error
Date: 2005-12-02 11:36:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-odbc

> > Hmmm. I get idea right now. I'll try it againist MySQL. It's ODBC is
> > open source so I can learn from it ...
> > Please could you change your example to support MySQL ODBC?
> > Maybe (or maybe not) it helps.
>
> If you change the connection string in testsql.prg and remove WITHOUT OIDS
> clauses in CREATE TABLE commands I think this sample must work with other
> odbc drivers also.

As I wrote you main.exe doesn't use testsql.prg. I changed connect string
in testsql.prg but connect string in ODBC still contains user 'postgresql'
with password you typed.
It didn't use my changes in testsql.prg.

> Thank you. I have one unchecked thought. If null instead of empty string is
> passed as value to text type column, maybe the error does not occur.

I don't think so. It's text column so it need SQLPutData. That's the
biggest problem.

Luf

P.S. I change subject as it isn't about #Deleted ...