Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included
Date: 2005-11-28 22:11:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Frank van Vugt wrote:
> <TL>
> > No. There are two StartTransactionCommand calls in autovacuum.c, and
> > what I'm suggesting is to add the ActiveSnapshot assignment after each
> > one.
>
> I've changed autovacuum.c per this diff, I 'hope' I misinterpreted what needed
> to be done (see below):

No, that diff is exactly what I applied. But I think you must have done
something else wrong, because while I can reproduce the crash easily on
the unpatched tree with your example, it certainly does not crash on CVS
HEAD.

Test case attached for the curious ...

Attachment Content-Type Size
autovac-crash-test.sql text/plain 1.5 KB