Re: Web page down (ad server)

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Web page down (ad server)
Date: 2005-11-22 10:11:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 09:22:18AM +0100, Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> Something is wrong with the web site for me. I look at:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/

<snip>

> Turns out it's related to the ads, so if I just adblock the ad server I
> can see the page just fine. Kind of bad it's needed however :-)
>
> I also tried to show the page in opera and it looks the same as in
> firefox.

I had this happen to me a little while ago. Any page related to
postgres would stop halfway. Eventually I tracked it down to it trying
to access a completely different site (probably the ads). I Null routed
that IP and everything came back fine.

It would be possible to format the adblock in such a way that it
doesn't prevent rendering if it isn't there...

Have a nice day,