Re: Deadlock problem

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Deadlock problem
Date: 2005-11-18 21:22:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 02:49:53PM -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
> simultaneously, but internally only one is executed at a time. Clearly
> running with autocommit = false requires some coordination of
> transactions, but multiple threads are not in and of themselves dangerous.

I'd _really_ like to see an example of an application that did this
correctly and without any bugs. I've seen people do it, yes; but I
haven't seen it working without fairly serious problems. (Besides,
isn't solving this sort of pain what a pool is for? Why reinvent the
wheel, and make it square to boot?)

When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do sir?
--attr. John Maynard Keynes