Re: idea for a geographically distributed database: how best to implement?

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: idea for a geographically distributed database: how best to implement?
Date: 2005-11-18 15:06:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 09:09:24AM -0000, Andy Ballingall wrote:
> That's very interesting! I've not used slony yet, so I'll setup some tests
> and try exactly this mechanism.

If you do this with Slony, and have any success, I know that the
folks on the Slony list would dearly like to hear about it
(especially if you can provide details of how you did it). If you
get this working in a production system, I can think of more than
one conference that would _also_ like a paper on it.

A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
--Alexander Hamilton