Problem when upgrade PostgreSQL 7.3.3 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3

From: Tjioe Ai Xin <xinxincute(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem when upgrade PostgreSQL 7.3.3 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3
Date: 2005-11-18 02:02:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear all,

I have web application which is run using PostgreSQL 7.3.3 and JDBC Driver pg3jdbc3.jar.
But when I try to update to PostgreSQL 8.0.3 and using JDBC Driver postgresql-8.0-314.jdbc3.jar,
I got error messages:
1. Cannot change transaction isolation level in the middle of a transaction.
--> Does changing transaction isolation level in the middle of a transaction no longer supported?
2. ERROR: operator does not exist: bigint / character varying
--> I don't understand this error message because all my query statements runs well in the shell.
But when I call my query statement, I got the message.

What should I do to fix these error?

Best Regards,
Xin Xin