Re: Assert failure found in 8.1RC1

From: Robert Creager <Robert(dot)Creager(at)Sun(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PGHackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Assert failure found in 8.1RC1
Date: 2005-11-02 21:18:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 15:37:05 -0500

> Robert Creager <Robert(dot)Creager(at)Sun(dot)com> writes:
> > I can reproduce very quickly. Looks like I should try the patch in 248
> > first to see if it fixes 8.1RC1?
>
> Excellent. Yes, the second patch is higher priority, but please try
> both while you're at it.

I've put in patch 2. I'm kicking the s**t out of it, with no problems so far.
I'll let it run for a while longer.

One note is that I did hit the CS switch problem, but with a combination of
production app and my test app. But, it took much more activity, wasn't as
severe (queries were typically staying < 10 seconds) and the db came out of it a
few minutes after my test app stopped.

I'll put in the first patch and re-run the tests.

Cheers,
Rob