The use of (mb)print.c from psql in the scripts directory

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: The use of (mb)print.c from psql in the scripts directory
Date: 2005-10-25 19:35:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Currently createlang and droplang use these two files mbprint.c and
print.c to access the function printQuery() just to handle the
displaying of the current languages. Is there any particular reason why
it can't be made to use the version in libpq?

In particular, does anyone really rely on the possibility of createlang
invoking your pager to display the list of languages? It really does,
you just have to make your terminal really small to see it.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm working on the interaction between
psql and the pager and keep running into issues w.r.t. createlang using
the same code.

Thanks in advance,