Re: New timezone data

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New timezone data
Date: 2005-10-25 08:43:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 06:53:30PM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> So in case anybody was going to check on that prior to the upcoming
> 8.1 release candidate, there is new timezone data available (2005n
> vs. the current 2005m) but it appears to have only minor changes
> for Kyrgyzstan and Uruguay. If anybody wants, I'll submit a patch.

The only change of real significanace was the US government changing
the daylight saving times for the coming years. We should probably make
clear somewhere that updating your OS doesn't fix the issue for
PostgreSQL.

But then, that's scheduled for 2007 so not exactly a real issue
currently...

Have a nice day,