Re: Expression index ignores column statistics target

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Expression index ignores column statistics target
Date: 2005-10-01 05:23:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 12:53:03AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The code does in fact honor per-column statistics targets attached to
> expression indexes, viz
>
> alter table myfuncindex alter column pg_expression_1 set statistics 100;

Aha -- that's the piece I didn't know about. I was wondering where
those statistics were being stored, since they were affected by
default_statistics_target but not by per-column statistics targets.
And now I see them when I don't restrict queries against pg_stats
by just the table or column name. Thanks.

--
Michael Fuhr