Re: dbt-4 (tpc-app) kit

From: Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, testperf-general(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, osdldbt-general(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net
Subject: Re: dbt-4 (tpc-app) kit
Date: 2005-09-02 19:38:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Dave,

Oops, EJB's are distasteful? My experience in this area is quite
lacking. Not that I necessarily want to be 100% strict but the spec
says this needs to conform to WS-I BP 1.0 specification, which I
understand is basically using the SOAP transport? I just thought it
would be nice to have something that could be plugged into any
application server (Geronimo, JBoss, etc.) with minimal configuration
changes and that was where I started. I don't mind doing away with the
EJB altogether. What do you suggest?

To give you a little better idea of where I'm at, I have most of 7 of 9
interactions implemented, the remaining two I haven't started. The
driver needs to be expanded to simulate multiple users. I haven't
started any of the post processing or data collection scripts yet and
some of that can be used from our other kits. My Java programming style
should probably be reviewed too. ;)

Mark