Re: Question regarding FOUND

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question regarding FOUND
Date: 2005-09-02 14:42:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Apparently, the FOUND variable is set to false regardless of the outcome of
the dynamic update statement. I placed a call to GET DIAGNOSTICS var =
ROW_COUNT. It returned 1. Question is, was that the result of a direct
update previously coded in the same trigger, or is that the result of the
dynamic update statement performed with EXECUTE?

On Friday 02 September 2005 08:51 am, Terry Lee Tucker saith:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a question regarding the use of the FOUND variable within a plpgsql
> function. I have a trigger fuction which executes a dynamic update on a
> different table with the EXECUTE statement. Here's the question:
>
> Will the FOUND variable be set, when using EXECUTE, as it would be with a
> normal UPDATE statement?
>
> Thanks for the input...

Quote: 87
"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God
from more and more of our institutions every day, I say: The First
Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of
this country from religious values; it was written to protect
religious values from government tyranny."

--Ronald Reagan

Work: 1-336-372-6812
Cell: 1-336-363-4719
email: terry(at)esc1(dot)com