problem with PQExecParams

From: "prasanna mavinakuli" <prasannamavinakuli(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with PQExecParams
Date: 2005-08-31 12:08:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Problem Description:

We need to insert binary data to tables and retrieve the
Same-(data type is bytea).
We are using PQExecParams for inserting and retrieving
Data.
Table contains other than binary data also.

When we tried to fetch the integer data (type-int2)
We are not able to get anything from that result set(alws value is zero).but Pqexec returns the desired value

Questions:

1)how can we get the integer value from the result set which is got from executing PQexecParams;
(the sample code is given below)

2)if it's not possible then how can we get the BINARY values using
Pqexec

Here is the code snapshot:

string query="select intval from dummy where intval=7;";

res1=PQexecParams(conn,query.c_str(),0,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1);
for(unsigned char i=0;i<4;i++)
{
printf("%d \n",(PQgetvalue(res1,0,0)[i]));
//prints 0000 here
}

cout<<"value from pqexec params ****"<<atoi(PQgetvalue(res1,0,0))<<endl; //prints 0 here

cout<<"using pqexec ***"<<endl;
res1=PQexec(conn,"select intval from dummy where intval=7;");//prints 7 below.
cout<<"value from pqexec params ****"<<atoi(PQgetvalue(res1,0,0))<<endl;

Prasanna.