Re: sqlstate 02000 while declaring cursor/freeing prepared statements

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: andy rost <andy(dot)rost(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sqlstate 02000 while declaring cursor/freeing prepared statements
Date: 2005-08-29 20:09:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 02:28:24PM -0500, andy rost wrote:
> I'm in the process of porting Informix ESQL to PostgreSQL. I
> occasionally get sqlcode = 100 and sqlstate = 02000 when declaring
> cursors or freeing prepared statements. Is this normal? For example:
>
> $declare loop1 cursor with hold for
> select distinct ( tabname )
> from meta ;
>
> results in sqlca.sqlcode = 100 and sqlca.sqlstate = '02000'

Could you provide a little more context? Are you using ECPG? What
version of PostgreSQL are you using? When you say that you
"occasionally" see this behavior, do you mean that you see it
consistently with some commands and not with others, or do you mean
that the same command sometimes does it and sometimes not?

Do you have a reproducible test case? That is, everything that
somebody could do to reproduce the behavior on their own system?

--
Michael Fuhr