Re: TODO list comments

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO list comments
Date: 2005-08-25 14:49:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 01:53:32PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> Tom Lane asked:
>
> >> o Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries
>
> > Uh, what's wrong with it? This item seems far too vague.
>
> I think perhaps this means adding multi-line support to
> the tab-completion? Only thing I can think of, cause other
> than that, multi-line queries work just fine.

The saved history is also not cool about multiline queries. If you
enter them interactively (or by pasting), they are entered as several
entries. If you edit them with \e, they are entered as a single unit.

It would be also nice to have M-# to work well -- currently it inserts a
#, which works in bash but is obviously wrong in psql.

"Los románticos son seres que mueren de deseos de vida"