Re: Help with plperl

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Alex <alex(at)meerkatsoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help with plperl
Date: 2005-08-21 22:23:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 03:58:25AM +1000, Alex wrote:
> could anyone help me with a problem I am having creating a plperl function.
>
> The return always complains with the following error:
> composite-returning Perl function must return reference to hash

The above error tells you what's wrong: PL/Perl expects you to
return a hash reference because the return type is "sometype"; the
code returns an array reference so you get an error. Since you're
pushing hash references onto the array, I'm guessing you meant to
return "SETOF sometype".

--
Michael Fuhr