nullif('','') on insert

From: "Matt L(dot)" <survivedsushi(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: nullif('','') on insert
Date: 2005-08-21 01:40:23
Lists: pgsql-sql
I need to test whether or not a value is null on

Example: insert into table (column) values
ERROR: column "column" is of type boolean but
expression is of type text.

It works in MSSQL (probably against not standards) but
nonetheless I need to make it work.

I assume it's returning 'NULL' w/ quotes? I don't know
where to look to alter it. I looked into functions but
all I see is how to write "AS queries" or point to
various snippets. I'd rather just alter the nullif

Is there a function for this or could someone give me
an example to insert NULL?

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Matt L.Date: 2005-08-21 02:25:57