Re: total db lockup

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Eugene <eugene1(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: total db lockup
Date: 2005-08-19 00:52:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 05:20:55PM -0400, Eugene wrote:
> Guys, I really need help on this. Can whoever is in charge of the
> mailing list change it so that it doesn't delete my messages?

I am not in charge of the mail server. However: May I suggest you
change to a less broken mail client? Your messages show up featuring
really strange MIME content description. Even the standard gmail.com
accounts seem to work better, which is surprising for a web based email
setup. This brokenness may hint the spam processor on postgresql.org
servers to silently droo your emails.

Alternatively, you may want to "paste" your error messages and stuff on
places like http://rafb.net/paste, and then post the URLs here.

"El sentido de las cosas no viene de las cosas, sino de
las inteligencias que las aplican a sus problemas diarios
en busca del progreso." (Ernesto Hernández-Novich)