PGSQL function for converting between arbitrary numeric bases?

From: "Simon Kinsella" <simon(at)bluefiresystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGSQL function for converting between arbitrary numeric bases?
Date: 2005-08-15 15:48:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I'm looking - without luck so far - for a PGSQL function for converting
numbers between two arbitrary bases (typically base 10,16 and 26 in my
case). Something similar to the C 'strtol' function or, ideally, PHP's
baseconvert(string,frombase,tobase) function.

I've search the docs, lists and various other forums but so far no luck.
Just wondered if I've missed anything - all suggestions gratefully received.

Many thank,

Simon K